The Kirtland Bird Club Scholarship Fund provides grants to assist individuals with an interest in the study of natural science including birds and conservation so that they can attend classes, conferences, camps or programs.
KBC Scholarship Guidelines:
1. Membership in the Kirtland Bird Club (KBC) is not required.
2. A scholarship application form is available HERE or by emailing email@example.com. If you are less than eighteen years old, a parent or guardian must sign the application. A letter explaining the reason for the request and a letter of recommendation from an adult who has knowledge of your interests and activities must accompany the application.
3. The applicant should have a demonstrated interest in the study of birds or some other facet of natural history, including conservation. Active participation in organizations or programs such as Ohio Ornithological Society, the CMNH Future Scientists Program, the Black Swamp Bird Observatory, the Audubon Society, the Ohio Young Birders Club, or participation in a school program such as The Science Olympiad will be considered evidence of such interest.
4. Applications must be submitted in person or by mail by March 1st of the year for which support is requested. Scholarships will be awarded at the June meeting of the Kirtland Bird Club.
5. A recipient of an award is expected to prepare a brief description of the activity for which the award was given for publication in the KBC Newsletter or presentation at a Kirtland Bird Club meeting. This description should be submitted within two months of completion of the activity.
Send your completed application, letter of request, and letter of recommendation to:
Kirtland Bird Club
4310 Bush Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44109